Bill Shannon – Vice President of Post and Carrier Solutions at Pitney Bowes. Bill is on the front lines of a long forgotten staple of communication, the mail. That’s right – not email, or vmail, but actual, physical mail. Bill has been an integral part of the juggernaut that is Pitney Bowes for over 30 years. Pitney Bowes is a fortune 500 company that is nearly a century old and has managed to navigate through a world of change. There is a lot we can learn from a company with such longevity!
What we learn in this episode:
• What really caused the decline in mail? It’s not just technology and email!
• Have you ever asked yourself, exactly what is mail? You may not have realized but there are a number of different types of mail. Not just the letter you send your grandmother, or the junk mail you put straight in the trashcan. There is a world of mail out there that is actually really interesting…we promise!
• What type of mail has actually been growing in popularity?
• What types of technology are used behind the scenes that help get mail where it needs to go?
• How does a big company like Pitney Bowes, or any company for that matter, succeed in this rapidly changing environment?