Carmine Gallo – “Talk Like Ted: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds“, Former anchor and correspondent for CNN and CBS, communications coach for the world’s most admired brands, best-selling author, columnist for Forbes and Monster.com. Carmine has worked with Coca-Cola, Intel, LinkedIn, Stanford, Cisco, and many more. Learn the secrets of how these companies communicate!
What we learn in this episode:
• How to stand out as a communicator.
• What are the most common problems that brands face when trying to communicate with their customers?
• What is the best way to land a sales job?
• Did you know that passion is contagious? It’s science!
• What is Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks most passionate about?
• All great presentations have 3 key components:
- They are emotional
- They are novel
- They are memorable
[shadowbox]”When I was a correspondent at CNN doing business news, I realized that the people who were invited back time and time again weren’t necessarily the brightest in business, but they were the best communicators. That’s when I realized the importance of communication as a career advantage.” – Carmine Gallo
“You are only as successful as your ideas. The individuals that can communicate their ideas more persuasively and captivate their listeners – they are the ones that are going to stand apart.” – Carmine Gallo[/shadowbox]