We can’t wait to have you on the podcast. Here are some requirements and quick tips that will help you have a successful interview:
- Must use either Chrome
- Must be a computer (not a phone or tablet)
- Must use headset of some kind (iPhone or similar)
- Must have strong internet connection
- Find a quiet place for the interview
- Close all unnecessary programs on your computer, except for Google Chrome. (Close your tabs if you have multiple open!)
- Plug in your headphones
- Plug in your microphone (if you have one – even iPhone headphones with a mic are better than your computer’s built in mic)
- Open the Riverside.fm link sent to you via email
- At the end of the recording session, please do not close your browser. You will receive a notification from Riverside.fm when your interview has been uploaded and it is safe for you to close your browser.
After clicking your Riverside.fm link, you’ll see a dashboard where you can edit your audio settings.
You’ll now be able to edit your audio settings. If you have headphones with a built-in mic plugged into your laptop, your audio input and output will be Default – Built-in.
If you have headphones plugged in and a USB microphone, your Audio Output will be Default – Built-in and you will select your USB microphone from the Audio Input drop-down.